Sunday, March 29, 2009

Back from Amsterdam

So, I’m back from ApacheCon. It was a great conference with high quality talks. OSGi was really a hot topic.

I organized an Apache Felix BOF with Felix, Carsten and Marcel. 30 people attend this BOF. This definitely illustrates the OSGi wave. I posted a BOF report on the Felix dev mailing list.

Another surprise is the feedbacks I get about junit4OSGi. It definitely seems to be the missing piece in OSGi development! So, my goal is now to release it soon (April). I recently improved the doc (now available from the iPOJO web site).

I have a couple of ideas about junit4osgi evolution. I will work on a better maven integration (site generation), in a way to do in-container tests, supporting other test ‘frameworks' such as junit4 or testNG… My discussions about these leads with junit4osgi users definitely interest them. So, here we go!

To summary ApacheCon in three words: “it was awesome!”

No comments: